If you’ve ever wanted to knit lace and haven’t yet, this course is for you. From your very first yarn over to a lace baby blanket you will learn:
- Yarn overs and directional decreases and how they make lace patterns.
- How to follow a lace pattern and read a chart to knit the sample square shown.
- Build on those skills to knit a full baby blanket with a knitted-on edging.
- Block your lace to give it a fully professional finish.
- Approx 4 hours of video, broken into manageable sections, with full transcripts and still photos in a downloadable pdf.
Why take this course?
- Learn at a pace that suits you
- Learn from the comfort of your home – no travelling or access issues
- The course is written and presented by a knitting tutor with over 40 years’ knitting experience (and over 20 years classroom teaching experience)
- You’re not on your own – get direct responses to questions from the tutor through the student forum and share your progress with other students
- Suitable for adults or children (younger children may need some supervision)
- The course is web-based so it works on tablets and phones as well as laptops and desktop computers
- Repeat the videos as frequently as you need/want to – you get Lifetime Access, so there’s no expiry date
- Nearly 4 hours of video, split into six sections with 27 short, logical chapters gives you so much more direct tuition than you would get in a a series of workshops (there’s no tea-break, the tutor isn’t spending time helping other people or waiting for people to get to a given point before continuing)
- PDF course notes to download including a transcript of everything in the videos as well as lots of close-up images from the videos