Take your initial knitting skills to the next stage, learning many new skills and creating three attractive and useful projects.
Building on Knitting for Beginners 1, you will learn a second cast-on technique, how to knit two stitches together, make yarn overs, use stitch markers and use knit and purl stitches to create wonderful textures in your fabric. You will also learn how to follow a knitting pattern and be introduced to the concept of charts.
You can also purchase a kit (£20) containing everything you need to complete the project, apart from a pair of scissors and a pen. All kit contents are high quality and, where possible, made of natural materials.
Why take this course?
- Learn at a pace that suits you
- Learn from the comfort of your home – no travelling or worries about Covid-19 secure arrangements
- You’ll develop your knitting skills further and be able to tackle a wide variety of patterns
- Knitting is a satisfying and useful skill that is a proven stress-reliever!
- The course is written and presented by a knitting tutor with over 40 years’ knitting experience (and over 20 years classroom teaching experience)
- You’re not on your own – get direct responses to questions from the tutor through the student forum and share your progress with other students
- Suitable for adults or children (younger children may need some supervision)
- The course is web-based so it works on tablets and phones as well as laptops and desktop computers
- Repeat the videos as frequently as you need/want to – you get Lifetime Access, so there’s no expiry date
- 2 hours 40 minutes of video, split into short, logical sections and chapters gives you so much more direct tuition than you would get in a 2-hour workshop (there’s no tea-break, the tutor isn’t spending time helping other people or waiting for people to get to a given point before continuing)
- PDF course notes to download including a transcript of everything in the videos as well as lots of close-up images from the videos